How to arrange for Maintenance request?
Please complete a maintenance request ticket
How do I get prepared for a smooth move-in process?
You will meet with a representative from our team to complete any forms and exchange the keys.
For a smooth move-in we recommend that you arrange for the following:
1) Tenant Content insurance. All tenants must provide proof of their tenant insurance; the policy confirmation page is acceptable. The landlord is not responsible for any loss, theft or damage to tenants’ personal items.
2) Utilities accounts set up. Tenants with additional utilities must provide proof that the account(s) has been set up in their name.
3) Checks. if your lease requires deposits or post dated checks for your rental payments, please have them ready and made out to Worry Free Property Management, be sure to specify in the memo line your property and unit address.
4) Photo ID. All tenants on the lease are required to submit a copy of government issued photo ID.
5) Change your address. Arrange for your mail to be forwarded from your old address to your new through Canada Post
6) Review rules and regulations. This allows you to full enjoy your new home, while respecting your neighbors and representing the owner positively.
7) Inspections. We will provide you with a move in inspection report.
How do I give notice to vacate the property?
Make sure to check the period of notice as set out in your tenancy agreement (lease) and you must give this when you intend to leave.
How do I prepare for a smooth move out process?
Here is a list of items for a smooth move out:
1) Change your address. Arrange for your mail to be forwarded to your new address through Canada Post
2) Book movers in advance.
3) Cancel your utilities, cable, internet, phone, and insurance for the date on your termination notice.
4) Clean and repair the unit. The unit should be returned in the condition in which you received it.
5) Schedule your move out inspection. Have the property / unit keys ready.
My lease is about to expire but I want to stay, do I have to sign another 1 year lease?
We are glad to have you stay. Please let us know.
As soon as the initial first year lease term is completed and neither party has expressed an interest to terminate the rental agreement, your lease will automatically convert to a month to month basis. Please know that a Sixty (60) days notice to vacate the unit is still required.
What is considered an emergency?
An emergency is defined as a maintenance problem that will cause a safety hazard to residents, or an imminent damage to property, so that fixing it cannot wait until the next business day. An example would be an overflowing toilet, a broken pipe, or sudden electrical short. If there is a gas leak, call the gas company in your area first, and if there is a power outage, call Ottawa Hydro first to see if there is a general power outage in the area.